From A Pretty Girl To Another: All In The Head

Dear Pretty Girl's,




In my young years, things came quite easily. It would be so simple to have the lucid vision I used to have as a child. Nothing bothered me except for the lining of my socks and perhaps the taste of a few foods, but other than that...Life was almost perfection. Today, I ask myself why must things be so much harder as you get older?

Is it because there's higher education?

Is it because we learn all about how to use money?
Is it because our eye sight perhaps changes?

I don't think any of these is a good enough reason to explain why our world goes from perfection to corruption. I believe that it is that as we grow our mind grows along with us, from simplicity to complexity. Things start to become a muffled mix of complications. They twist and knot together forming the brain we use to solve equations in math and figure out what's realistic. Life is complicated because we make it complicated. It doesn't have to be perfect but life certainly does not have to be a jumbled up mess.
I excpect you, my readers, will want to know the point I'm trying to make out of this post. It is that I want you to understand that genetics, scholarships, grades, chores, or anything else are not what decide what your life is going to be like. Everything is all IN YOUR HEAD. I have a certain story that can relate to this and although many of you might be sterotypical to cheerleaders, please keep an open mind while I explain the following.
About four years ago, I tested my mind to my biggest obstacle as a cheerleader: throwing myself back ward. I was young and I didn't know how I could possibly do something that seemed ultimately impossible even though I saw the older cheerleaders do it everyday. I learned that it wasn't that life was pausing and not letting me do it, nor was it that my body was physically capable, but I head a mental block. I had started inventing all these crazy realities where I would fall and break my neck even though in order to do that is to not use any of my newly developed upper body strength.
I shouldn't have been so scared, and it took me forever to just do it and move on with my life. Many girl's probably go through that same exact situation using cheerleading either as a metaphor or not as one. The point is that sometimes you just have to go for it and expect something good to come out of it as a result. If not, then you made a mistake and you can learn from it, but you have to just live your life like there's no tomorrow or else when there finally isn't another day, you may be filled with regrets.

Sincerely,
A Pretty Girl

p.s.
Follow me on Tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/prettygirluglylies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
PrettyGirl.UglyLies © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects