It's Not Taryn: Short Sample from Derek Strangler




He never meant to hurt her.
He just wanted to be accepted.
But acceptance was wickedly disastrous.

It was my turn to pick the girl up and bring her to Zane. It was my turn to knock her out and bring her to the head of the clan. But the way she smiled at me, the way...God, the way she saw through me. I knew I had to do something. I had to get rid of her. She knew too much yet she knew nothing at all. She would never be able to burden the secret that I needed her to hold safely. I had to dispose of her.

"Did you get the girl?" Kyle asks from the front seat of the van, driving quickly and efficiently. 

I play it off like I've made a mistake and fumble around with her head. 

"Damn it, it's not her."

"What do you mean it's not her?" Kyle says, screeching the van to a halt.

"This isn't Taryn!" I cry, hoping my acting will work. Kyle was not the brightest so I figured I could make it out of this situation okay.

Kyle peers around his seat and stares at Taryn's face that I've smashed in. She is unrecognizable, thank-fully. He frowns deeply, staring at me with eyes like knives.

"Do you know how much Zane is going to kill us when we bring him the wrong girl? He wants Taryn!"

"Than, let's not bring him anyone."

"Are you insane?" Kyle cries, slamming his hand hard against the steering wheel.

"No, and you know I'm right! Bringing Zane nothing is better then bringing him an innocent girl," I exclaim, throwing my hands up in frustration. 

Kyle sighs and shrugs, "Fine." He pulls the van up next to a run down alleyway and then pushes the button that automatically opens my car door. It slides open and i lift Taryn up onto my shoulder. I curse as I lay her down among trash bags and can't feel her pulse. Have I killed her? Did I kill Taryn?

My memory seems to float off into the distance during a time when I would watch Taryn play with her younger sister at the park when we were in the fifth grade. Her blond curls flowing down her back and her smile glowing in the radiant sunlight. She was such a beautiful girl, but I remind myself that she knew too much about me. She was getting too close to the answer about what I really was. I step away from her, what I think, dead body and hop back into the van. Kyle closes the door and drives quickly away before anyone can catch our faces and match them with the dead girl in the alleyway. I try to forget Taryn as we make our way to the Cloud, but I do not know if I can. In a way, she had meant something to me, and I threw it away when I punched her in the face. 

I stare at the window, watching the alleyway get further and further away. I swallow my guilt and climb into the front seat next to Kyle. We still had Zane to face, and he was not going to be happy with tonight's results.


[all samples are to not be copied. we have strong security settings in place that will notify the website of people stealing our fictional lies.] 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
PrettyGirl.UglyLies © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects